19th March 2014
Thanks to everybody who came out to see us in Germany and Holland last month, was amazing to have so many sold out shows! We are now on the road again in the UK, come and say hello!
13th January 2014
Back on the road next month…
3rd December 2013
2014 Tour Dates announced in Germany, Holland, Spain and the UK! See ‘Gigs’ Page now for full listings and details…
17th November 2013
A few of Ben Poole and the bands final shows of the year coming up in the UK. Come and say hello before we call it a day until touring starts again in February 2014…
- Wednesday 27th November – The Half Moon, Putney, London *Tickets: http://thehalfmoon.musicglue.com/events/27-nov-13-ben-poole-band-the-half-moon/
- Thursday 28th November – The Farnham Maltings, Farnham, Surrey
22nd October 2013
3rd October 2013
Austria and Switzerland next week!!!
2nd August 2013
Ben is back in the UK! After some amazing festival appearances in the USA, Czech Republic and Switzerland the band are now back on home turf to play a few UK festivals and debut the new 6 piece line-up right here on British soil. This Sunday sees the band on the main stage at Cambridge Rock Festival at 1:30pm, and on the 17th August the big line-up will appear at Bentworth Blues Festival. In other news Ben is now confirmed to play Nispen Blues Festival in Holland on 14th September and the London Blues Festival at the Royal Albert Hall on 31st October (see gigs page for details).
Video from recent festival performance in Omaha, Nebraska, USA:
1st July 2013
Fresh back from some great festival appearances in Poland and Greece, Ben is now gearing up for his debut shows in the USA. A warm-up show at the Saloon Bar in Omaha Nebraska on Thursday 11th July will precede the main festival set at ‘Playing With Fire Festival’ on Friday 12th July opening for legendary blues artist Robert Randolph. Then it’s another debut festival in a new territory – headlining Dolanky Festival in Czech Republic on Friday 19th July. Finishing a long few weeks playing at the world renound ‘Blue Balls Festival’ in Switzerland on Sunday 21st July. All of these shows are with a 6 piece line-up including keys and backing vocalists.
Video from recent performance at Gdynia Blues Festival in Poland 8/06/13:
22nd April 2013
Ben and the band are home after a fantastic 5 shows in Germany and Holland. Plans already in place to come back to play a lot more in Germany, expect a few shows there later in the year. Festival season starts next month with Ben appearing at prestigious festivals in Holland, Poland, Greece, Czech Republic, Switzerland and USA. Some of these shows will also be a first for Ben featuring an extended line-up including Hammond/Keys and backing vocalists!
3rd April 2013
After a very long and successful tour through Holland and the UK from the end of February through to the end of March, it’s time for a rest…in Ben’s language that means a few days off before hitting the road again next week for gigs in Germany & Holland!
Mid-way through the tour and the band are all revved up! Come out to see Ben Poole and the boys live in the UK over the coming weeks, or in Holland and Germany next month…
- Ben Poole & the band will be back on the road at the end of February with dates in Holland and the UK through March. Be sure to make it to an “unmissable” live show!
- At long last Ben Poole’s debut album “Let’s Go Upstairs” is available to purchase through the official website. Having previously been sold exclusively at gigs as a way of getting people out to the live shows we have all now decided it is time to make it available to the mass public worldwide.
“Produced by Grammy Award-winning producer Ike Nossel (Jeff Beck, Dana Gillespie, Tina Turner, Robin Trower, Roger Daltry, Def Leppard) the debut album features 7 Ben Poole originals, 2 co-writes with producer Ike, and 3 covers; including the Otis Redding/Steve Cropper song ‘Mr. Pitiful and the Anne Peables original ‘I’m Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down’.”
Available NOW through the ‘SHOP’ page.
Ben Poole and the band hit the main stage to 6,000 people at ‘Breda Barst Festival’, Holland on 16th Sept 2012.
- So it’s been an intense past few months for Ben Poole and the boys, and it doesn’t look like things are going to slow down at all for the rest of the summer. Fresh back from 2 weeks playing at Rhodes Rock Festival in Greece and having played their debut major festival in Germany the band have just a few days off before getting back on the road for gigs and festivals in the UK, plus debut shows in Austria and Switzerland. See gig page for details on all European shows. We are also very excited to announce Ben Poole’s debut North American gigs in October (Details T.B.A).
- The debut album “Let’s Go Upstairs” is finally here! It will be available initially, exclusively at gigs on our 16 date UK / Holland /Germany Tour throughout March and April. Official release to be expected in May. UK album launch night at The Half Moon in Putney, London on Thursday 8th March. Holland Album Launch at The Blues Rock Garaasj on Sunday 18th March.
- Ben Poole will be touring the UK throughout March/April, as well as playing a few shows in Belgium, Germany and Holland. The band will play in Oxford, London, Edinburgh, Kinross, Glasgow, Chester, Barnsley, Milton Keynes, Billericay (Essex), Leighton Buzzard, Newbury and Bedford. They will also represent the UK in the ‘European Blues Challenge’ in Berlin, Germany on Saturday 17th March, with show in Belgium and Holland currently being lined up around this date…see ‘Gigs’ page for details.
- The Bedford gig at ‘The Ent Shed’ is now SOLD OUT. Apologies to anyone who planned to see Ben and the band in action at this great venue. They will be back to play Bedford again on Friday 20th April at ‘Esquires’ (see ‘Gigs’ page). Tickets selling fast for many other UK tour dates throughout March and April so book early to avoid disappointment.
Ben and the band are currently playing in Corralejo, Feurtaventura, Canary Islands as the resident band at Boardriders Blues Bar until 10th January.
- Ben Poole is currently working hard in the studio on his debut album with Grammy Award winning producer Isaac Nossel (Jack Bruce, Robin Trower, Paul McCartney, Paul Young, Roger Daltry, Jeff Beck, Maggie Bell, Dana Gillespie). Much of the recording has already taken place, both at Ike’s studio, and at Bernie Torme’s studio in Kent (where ‘Everything I Want’ was recorded).
- Ben Poole Voted ‘Best Newcomer’ by Blues Matters Magazine
- Ben and the band are now back home after a fantastic debut tour of Holland and the trio look forward to getting back out there much more in 2012.
- Ben Poole is about to set off on his second UK Tour. Dates on ‘Gigs’ page…
Ben Poole nominated for two British Blues Awards. ‘Best Young Artist’ and ‘Best Original Song’ (for the title track of the Everything I Want EP). Drummer Alan Taylor also nominated for ‘Best Drummer’.